Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in
order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for
which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling
those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless
we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with
the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the
extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or
theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and
practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in
order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected
How We Collect Information
We collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- from publicly available sources of information;
- directly from you (such as where you provide information to us when you use the Site,
enter into any agreement for the use of the Site or a service offered on
the Site, or contact us with a query or request) and in any manner
whatsoever including in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic
- from third parties such as any related entities, business partners, credit reporting
bodies, wholesale or other customers, your representatives and operators;
- from our records that store personal information about how you use the Site;
- from organizations listed in the section ‘Disclosure of Information’.
Information about Other People
If you provide us with any personal information about another person or organization
in relation to, or in connection with the Site or the services provided for on
the Site we are entitled to assume you have sought their consent to the
disclosure of such personal information to us and we will use their personal
information in the manner described in this policy.
How We Hold Information
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities
that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our
service providers. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your
information and to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorized access,
modification or disclosure.
How We May Use Information
We will use the personal information we collect for the purpose disclosed at the time
of collection, or otherwise as set out in this policy. We will not use your
personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent,
unless authorized or required by law.
We may collect and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the services offered on the Site to you, to provide you with information about
the services or to assist you with enquiries about the services;
- to administer and manage the services offered on the Site (including newsletters,
competition entries, lead enquiries, billing and customer services);
- to perform research and analysis and to improve or develop the services offered on
the Site (including conducting surveys and generating statistics);
- to monitor network use, quality and performance and to operate, maintain, develop,
test and upgrade our systems and infrastructure;
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new
developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact, you in
this way without obtaining your prior consent we will provide you with the
opportunity to decline any further marketing communications;
- to register you for events, promotions or competitions;
- to third parties for advertising or consulting purposes;
- If we enter into or propose to enter into any agreement or arrangement with any party for
the purpose of, or in connection with, the acquisition of our business
(including any part of our business that includes personal information),
then we may provide that party (including its legal, financial and other
professional advisers) with personal information in relation to our in
connection with those arrangements;
- any other purpose to which you have consented.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose, or seek from and use, personal information about you from the
following individuals and organizations:
- your authorized representatives such as lawyers or accountants;
- our employees and the employees of any of our related bodies corporate;
- the public if you advertise with us or use publicly available communication services;
- any of the following if you submit to us an enquiry or seek certain services through
- financial or
insurance service providers;
inspection service providers;
- If you do not want us to disclose personal information to these individuals and
organizations do not submit an enquiry or seek services through us.
- to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and
regulatory authorities as required or authorized by law;
- any of the following out sourced service providers that are required or assist in
providing the services on the Site;
technology and network providers;
research, marketing and other professional advisers;
involved in the facilitation or implementation of a transfer/sale of all
or part of our assets our business;
institutions in relation to processing payments;
in and associated with debt collecting;
- resellers of
any services provided for on the Site.
Access to Information
Unless we have the right to withhold information (under certain exceptions provided
for by law) you have the right to request access to your personal information
held by us. You also have the right to have any inaccurate, incomplete,
irrelevant or misleading information corrected.
In the event you seek access to this information we will require you to verify your
identity and specify what information you require. We may also charge a
reasonable fee to cover the cost of verifying your application and locating,
retrieving and copying any material requested.
Anonymity and Pseudonym
You may use the Site and the services provided for by the Site, by utilizing a
pseudonym, however there are circumstances where this may not be possible such
as where we are required by law to deal with an identified person or where it
is impractical to respond without first identifying you.
Treatment of Sensitive Information
Sensitive information is defined under the Privacy Act as information relating to a
person’s racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religions,
trade unions or other professional or trade association, sexual preferences,
criminal record, financial records and health information.
It is a rare occurrence for us to require you provide us with sensitive information for
the purpose of providing the services on the Site. However, in the event you
are required to provide us with sensitive information we will only use and
disclose this information for the purpose for which it was provided or a
directly related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise or use, or
disclosure of this information is allowed by law.
Links to Third Party Websites
The Site may from time to time contain links to third party websites, co-branded
websites and applications and advertising that are not related to or operated
by us (‘Linked Websites and Services’) and for which we are not responsible. As
the operators of these Linked Websites and Services may seek to collect
personal information from you, we recommend that you carefully examine any
available privacy policies before disclosing any information.
When you access the Site, and use the Services provided for by the Site, we collect
and record certain non-identifying information about you such as, but not
limited to, the pages and content you accessed, the searches you conducted, the
files you downloaded, referral information, and your IP address and other
device information. This information is collected and stored through the
use of ‘cookies’ which are small pieces of information that are stored by your
browser. While these cookies do not store any personally identifying
information, we may use them to remember your preferences, provide personalized
advertising to you, and more generally provide a functional and personalized
experience in your use of the Site. While you have the option to disable the
for by the Site.